STAGEMANAGEMENT STUDENT! QUESTION-PROMPT BOOK QUESTION??

I am learning how to create a prompt book for my stage management class. I have concerns on how I should develop my main rehearsal calendar. So , the question is should my main rehearsal calender be very detailed?

Thanks Abigail HUrtado!

I am learning how to create a prompt book for my stage management class. I have concerns on how I should develop my main rehearsal calendar. So , the question is should my main rehearsal calender be very detailed?

Thanks Abigail HUrtado!

Hi Abigail,

Simple and to the point is key. If this is for your prompt book then you want to have the simplest notation that works best for you. I would include times, locations and scenes/acts being rehearsed. I would also help to include pertinent information for other departments that are working and what times. Basically it should be something you can glance at and answer general questions quickly. For examples, a principle asks you "what's happening next Saturday", a director asks "what time is rehearsal on the 24th", a designer asks "is there time in the schedule next week for a production meeting on stage after the act 2 run?" These are all questions you should be able to quickly answer from your master calendar. I am a huge fan of excel for detailed schedules, but for something like this I would recommend a month to month standard calendar with notations in the boxes for time/location/participants/purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back