Steve Jobs Passes

Re: Steve Jobs Dead.

That's msad. He had an enormous impact on our lives, in ways that few are able to comprehend.

Sorry Chase (as our resident mac fanboy)

Just heard about this, and it really is sad. 56 is too young, especially for someone who has done so much. at least you can look to what he's done and say he's lived a full life already. Whether you like macs or not you can't deny the good that he's done with all the money he's made from the products. computer feelings aside he and what he tried to do made the world a better place.

Just heard about this, and it really is sad. 56 is too young, especially for someone who has done so much. at least you can look to what he's done and say he's lived a full life already. Whether you like macs or not you can't deny the good that he's done with all the money he's made from the products. computer feelings aside he and what he tried to do made the world a better place.

I'm not a huge mac fan, but he has done a lot to bring technology to where it is today. Before the iPhone, we had windows CE and blackberry, both of which were useless. Before the iPad, we had windows tablet edition, also useless. Before the Lisa, we had DOS. Yes, he stole stuff from Microsoft and Xerox. And yes, Microsoft stole stuff from him and Xerox. However, no one can deny that he is one of the reasons we have the technology we had today.

I'm not a huge mac fan, but he has done a lot to bring technology to where it is today.

I'm with you on this. Consider the tablet market before the iPad, the things had a stylus, a handle, a usually awkward to use OS. After the iPad, everyone is trying to make something for entertainment, games, and is easy to use.

When you think about how many iPhones were sold on the international market, as well as consider the battle between Apple and Microsoft and now between Google and Apple, and what that has meant to all consumers worldwide, then consider the iPads...... it's probably not an understatement to say he's one of the rare individuals,, who because of the products his company created and brought to the market, had an affect on the world and how we live in this world.

I'm not an Apple product user, but his influence means that I am now typing on this forum.

Will be missed.

This is so sad. Steve Jobs had such a huge impact on technology that most people don't realize. He is the reason we have GUI operating systems and he provided the first pre-built computers for the home. Also he made smart phones actually "smart". R.I.P.

Edit: And don't forget about PIXAR!!!!

Last edited:

proxy.php

It's very sad, (but I don't feel quite the same as that smiley.) Him, and his support for Wozniak are the whole reason Apple even started. He is also one of the creators of Pixar, and a mind behind Toy Story.

I just found out (7:15). Http://www.apple.com/stevejobs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He got to see the announcement. He never got to see the iPhone 4S for sale in stores.

I don't think missing the 4S is going to really upset him. It is really clear that he wanted to get the iPad out and on top before he had to leave the company. The iPhone was just a means to get there.

This was from the iPhone announcement yesterday:
proxy.php

We also now see why everyone on stage were not that energetic.

A true visionary. May he rest in peace-

I am an avid Mac hater but there is no denying his contrabutions to the industry, his uncanny marketing abilities and that he was just too **** young. He was a prime example of the American dream.

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." -Steve Jobs

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He will be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard that Fred Phelps' nut job followers at Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting at Steve Jobs' funeral. Why? Jobs was "teaching his neighbors to sin." :rolleyes: But here's the real kicker, They announced the protest by tweeting from an iPhone.

5kjVw.jpg

Somewhere Steve Jobs is laughing. Rest in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whether you like macs or not you can't deny the good that he's done with all the money he's made from the products. computer feelings aside he and what he tried to do made the world a better place.

Could you expand on this more? I am just curious to what specifically you are referring to.

I just heard that Fred Phelps' nut job followers at Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting at Steve Jobs' funeral. Why? Jobs was "teaching his neighbors to sin." :rolleyes: But here's the real kicker, They announced the protest by tweeting from an iPhone.

View attachment 5637

Somewhere Steve Jobs is laughing. Rest in peace.
What wack jobs. They protested at the son of a good friend that was killed in Iraq. A friend of mine's vertern bike club kept them from getting close. I understand they have the right to protest, they should have the common decency to find another way to promote their beliefs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back