Design Strand 300 - Adding shape channels to fixtures / using Strand 'shape generator'.

Hi - I'm new to this website and would appreciate the help of a lighting techie who has a knowledge of the Strand 300 lighting console.

I have had no luck in adding Shape Channels to fixtures in the Patch page.

I have had no problems in Patching fixtures and thier attributes successfully, but when I enter the channel # the fixture is assigned to and press the soft key to 'add shapes' I am given the message 'no channels selected'...even though they are patched.

I have tried many variations of command, but nothing works.

I have plenty of channels and attributes free. Fixtures are on Universe 1, DMX 1 output. (0-512)

I have tried adding shapes to several fixture types to ensure there are no issues with commands in the fixture library.

Fixtures are not currently connected to the desk...but surely that should not stop it patching shapes as it is patching the the fixtures/attributes quite happily?

Is it a setting issue ? / command issue ? / or software problem ? - although I thought this feature was standard...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Robbie.

Last edited:
Hi - I'm new to this website and would appreciate the help of a lighting techie who has a knowledge of the Strand 300 lighting console.

I have had no luck in adding Shape Channels to fixtures in the Patch page.

I have had no problems in Patching fixtures and thier attributes successfully, but when I enter the channel # the fixture is assigned to and press the soft key to 'add shapes' I am given the message 'no channels selected'...even though they are patched.

I have tried many variations of command, but nothing works.

I have plenty of channels and attributes free. Fixtures are on Universe 1, DMX 1 output. (0-512)

I have tried adding shapes to several fixture types to ensure there are no issues with commands in the fixture library.

Fixtures are not currently connected to the desk...but surely that should not stop it patching shapes as it is patching the the fixtures/attributes quite happily?

Is it a setting issue ? / command issue ? / or software problem ? - although I thought this feature was standard...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Robbie.

Make sure your MLs are already patched. Then in the Patch display, press S5-CHAN> then the channel range and S4-ADD SHAPE. I just added to a fixture that I had patched as channel 1. Then back to Live and I see all of the shape attributes there.

Email me if you need to.

[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back