Control/Dimming Strand 300 Channel Issue

zmb

I'm not sure how I got this issue, but I figured Control booth could help me out of it. The console in question is a Strand 300 and I think it is in Light Palette mode, but I'm not sure.
I have two channels patched to dimmer with the cyan channel number and when the channel is at zero, the level is in black highlighted in gray. It doesn't respond to rem dim or changes in cues. It seems that the only way to change the level in it is by using the programmer. What do I do to get the channels functioning like normal ones?

Thanks, zmb

Black number on grey background means that it is held by a stopped X playback. (From the user manual) So I would try clearing all your playbacks. Maybe you hit the wrong playback by accident at some point.

-Tim

Restarting the console got rid of the issue in the OP. But now I've got STOP ATTS in a red bar across the top of the display, I'm not using any multiparameter fixtures but it's bugging me seeing it. How do I get rid of that? STOP ATTS only appears in one place in the manual and it doesn't describe to turn it back on.
Problem is I know enough to get myself in trouble with the console but not enough to get me out.

That is one of the modes of the Stop Key. Pressing it again should get rid of it. Where the Stop Key is located is different based on your model of console.

-Tim

I'm not sure how I got this issue, but I figured Control booth could help me out of it. The console in question is a Strand 300 and I think it is in Light Palette mode, but I'm not sure.
I have two channels patched to dimmer with the cyan channel number and when the channel is at zero, the level is in black highlighted in gray. It doesn't respond to rem dim or changes in cues. It seems that the only way to change the level in it is by using the programmer. What do I do to get the channels functioning like normal ones?

Thanks, zmb

A couple things. As you discovered, you had the channels held. This is a useful feature, but not quite as useful as park on an ETC desk. Channels that are held will not be affected by cues, subs, or rem-dim. However, if you call that channel on the keypad, you can change it's level. Held channels won't get updated into cues, but I believe they will get recorded.

Second, and this was probably just a typo, but you don't have two channels patched to a dimmer, you can't do that. So maybe you have two dimmers patched to a channel or two patched channels.

Glad to hear that you got everything working though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back