The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

strand 300 console

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by dramadrea, Feb 26, 2009.

1. dramadrea

dramadrea Member

Hi there - I am a drama teacher and wondered if anyone out there had trouble with the wheel on the Strand 300 console? Ours just quit working. Any ideas? We are, of course, out of warranty, and I need a cheap repair.

2. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    Welcome to CB! The best solution is to go out and buy yourself a trackball mouse with a scroll wheel. Just make sure that you get one that has a USB to PS/2 adapter as the 300 cannot use a USB mouse (even though it has a USB port). The scroll wheel on the mouse will act as the wheel, and the trackball can be used to control pan and tilt of moving lights.

3. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

Something like this is what is typical, as icewolf said. You could get the wheel fixed, but I have a feeling this will be the better low cost solution.

[​IMG]

4. propmonkey

propmonkey Well-Known Member

there is another post somewhere on here with a non working wheel. i know when ours broke the rubber band that connected the wheel to the sensor in the board broke off. i replaced it with a rubber gasket.