Strand 300

trwenger

Hi,
I'm new the the board and have a question to toss out there about the Strand 300 light desk. We've been using the 300 concole for 8 years and I've never had this problem. We've lost the controll of our submasters. After trying the disk clean up, I swapped out the section of the concole and replaced it with a spare. After rebuting I've got the subs back but they are at the top of the board and I would like to move the subs to the bottom. So here's the question...Does anyone know how to swap the top of the boards channels with the bottom, so the subs are at the bottom section?

Thanks in advance.

***Moved To Lighting***

Last edited by a moderator:
under report go to advance setup and then console setup. on each panel in the upper left hand corner there will be a few lights. hit the bump buttons to reassign each panel. the one with one light is the sub masters, the one with two will be 1-24, etc.

Welcome aboard trwenger.

Here's a small bit of advice for you. The Lighting forum would be a much better spot for this post. The people who can help with your problem are far more likely to be found there than on the New Member Board.

trwenger,

Be careful, I wound up in this exact situation a few weeks ago w/ my 8 yr old 300. I had to run 220clean 3 times to get it back up and running. I was up and running again for about 3 days before everything froze again and this time Qs would not run, groups would select but I would not be able to use modify anything. Not to say it is a given...but I have ordered an Ion to replace the desk and it should be in my auditorium in about 3 days:grin:

Yeah, I've had people tell me to try to get a new desk. I've known a few people that have had problems with the 300 after a bunch of years. Here's a question for you. I have strand dimmers, does that limit the type of desk I need to get?

nope, dmx is dmx. i personally love the strand 300...granted its what i learned on. my old high school is replacing it with an ion soon which is a shame because the 300 can handle anything that plan to do it just needs a channel upgrade. the only major problem i had with the 300 is the memory was full and there wouldnt load the os. although the shows were deleed out of the os they were still in the memory. i just had to go into dos and clear them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back