Conventional Fixtures Strand 3380 Fresnel parts

tyler.martin

Does anyone know if parts are still available for Strand 3380's? I've got some of the friction wheels that have cracked, and none of my local dealers have been able to locate the parts up here.

Unfortunately, I don’t know if that is available off the top of my head. I’ll have this looked into on Monday. Are there any other parts you need while I am at it?

we do have parts.... they will be listed under the later part number series, 12081/ numbers. That was one of the fresnels that was made at the Rancho Dominquez factory, then got moved lock yoke and barrel to Italy at Quartzcolor, then up to Scotland to the Kirkcauldy Factory... then back to Strand in Cypress.... and then south to the Lightolier factory in Carmargo Mexico. It went out of production in 2009, and in 2010 the last 160 shipped to Dallas along with several hundred sets of peices parts... Each factory used their own series of part numbers, so by the time we got them in Dallas, there was a good deal of confusion. some of the sheet metal and castings are in short supply, but we have plenty of lenses and odd bits. parts are sold in kits of multiples... like a knob kit, or a door kit.... and we still have some 12081 6in fresnels around. send a note to phenry and i'm sure he'll make you a deal!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there!
I know I'm coming in late on this thread, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any suppliers for Quartzcolor spares -- I'm looking for gel frames and egg crates for the Quartzcolor Antares 1500watt soft light.
Frame size is 400mm by 310mm.

Hi there!
I know I'm coming in late on this thread, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any suppliers for Quartzcolor spares -- I'm looking for gel frames and egg crates for the Quartzcolor Antares 1500watt soft light.
Frame size is 400mm by 310mm.
And there is Mauricio Guzman of Star Lighting in Temecula............. [email protected], he imports from Quartzcolor and got all our spare parts from Strand before we moved to Dallas. That's the royal "we", as i am now emeritus....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back