Conventional Fixtures Strand 8" Fresnelite

arfinator

Hey, everyone!

I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I just wanted some feedback. I have a Strand 8" Fresnelite with a cracked lens, and there's a 20 day lead time on a replacement. I could get a cheaper Altman 8" lens with no lead time, but I'm not sure if they are compatible.

Does anyone have any experience or insight as to whether an Altman lens will fit in a Strand fixture of the same size?

Thanks!

Hess

Hey, everyone!

I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I just wanted some feedback. I have a Strand 8" Fresnelite with a cracked lens, and there's a 20 day lead time on a replacement. I could get a cheaper Altman 8" lens with no lead time, but I'm not sure if they are compatible.

Does anyone have any experience or insight as to whether an Altman lens will fit in a Strand fixture of the same size?

Thanks!

Hess
get the cheap one, it will work

Reactions: Les
Be aware that while the Altman lens (or any 8" Fresnel lens) should fit in the Fresnelite, optical performance may not be identical. If you only have one, it probably wont matter. But if you have a large stock, I would stick with the Strand. The stippling/diffusing pattern on the back will likely be different, and the lens could have a slightly different focal length.

Let us know your results.

with profiles the lens is critical but with fresnels you'll be hard pressed to find any noticeable difference in the quality of the beam with the standard glass lenses, I mix multiple types of fresnels in rigs without any noticeable difference except efficiency and even then the old Strand 223/743 still gives modern lights a run for their money, just remember to keep the lenses clean though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back