Strand GSX 64000 Console any good.?

The GSX is not a good moving light console. If it works, $200 isn't bad. Be advised that it is nearly unserviceable if you have a problem. It is also a very plastic console. Although they actually hold up pretty well, they feel cheap. If you just need another DMX source for simple controls, it's not bad. The SmartFade is much more sturdy feeling and it's supported today. While I like the SmartFade, I find it sort of complex to operate. The GSX has the upper hand in that category. This is all offered as my opinion only and it's worth everything you paid for it ;-)

Aww, blue golfball! My first console ever, back in '04.

CAN you do movers on that board? Sure, with patience and the realization that it's a conventional theatre console. Be aware its only a single universe console. High end movers can eat up that 512 very fast.

Yes, the blue golf ball. No comment on price, as that is up to the market and what people are willing to pay. It is an older console, so just keep in mind that it may not last another decade without some service depending on how it has been treated in the past. As for the moving lights, it is the can/should argument. Can you run movers from it? Yes. You can run movers from a DMXter if you really want to. Should you run movers from it? No, that is not what it was designed for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back