Vintage Lighting Strong Trouper

cbrandt

I just had a Strong Trouper (not super!) wander into my warehouse. Externally it is in pretty good shape. Does anyone know if there is anyone out there still interested in these things? I have no use for it, and it is either going to rust in a back corner or go to scrap.

I'd post this over in classified, but I have no idea how to price this for sale, or there is any interest at all in it. If anyone wants pictures of anything on it, I'd be happy to provide.

Xenon or carbon? (don't see the picture there yet.) If carbon, a museum piece. Xenon units are still good units! Yes, newer spots are lighter and brighter, but a trouper is always a good heavy workhorse and very fluid in it's handling.

Definitely a vintage Carbon. Someone pulled it out in a school renovation years ago, and got sick of storing it in the back of their warehouse. So it got brought over to me. I haven't even unstrapped it from the pallet it came over on. I wouldn't even put power to it until someone went over it from head to to, since I haven't any idea what it has been through. Not to mention I lost my last contact for carbons years ago.

Definitely a vintage Carbon. Someone pulled it out in a school renovation years ago, and got sick of storing it in the back of their warehouse. So it got brought over to me. I haven't even unstrapped it from the pallet it came over on. I wouldn't even put power to it until someone went over it from head to to, since I haven't any idea what it has been through. Not to mention I lost my last contact for carbons years ago.
Carbons are still around, and there are no electronic components in it, not even a diode! It's an AC arc unit, so just a multi-tap transformer. Unbelievably reliable, but..... carbon. Fun piece to show people how things were! And, not bad output! (somewhat lower than an Altama Satellite.) Might even beat the satellite on long throws!

Definitely a vintage Carbon. Someone pulled it out in a school renovation years ago, and got sick of storing it in the back of their warehouse. So it got brought over to me. I haven't even unstrapped it from the pallet it came over on. I wouldn't even put power to it until someone went over it from head to toe, since I haven't any idea what it has been through. Not to mention I lost my last contact for carbons years ago.
@cbrandt You're making this sound more like an original carbon Trouperette rather than a Trouper.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Here's a couple pictures with name plates. I've currently got it stuffed in a back room. 20171213_153559[1].jpg 20171213_153607[1].jpg 20171213_153622[1].jpg

Oh, it's a trouper alright! Good condition too! Spent many hours behind them. Older style color boom. Just set the transformer to the green zone, strike, check the zone, and cruise away!

Oh, it's a trouper alright! Good condition too! Spent many hours behind them. Older style color boom. Just set the transformer to the green zone, strike, check the zone, and cruise away!
@cbrandt @venuetech @derekleffew @JD @JonC With apologies for my 'brain phart', I was recalling the right spot but appending the wrong name.
'Mia maxima culpa' or whatever the Catholics say.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back