Sumner Eventer 25 issues

Hello all,

I have several eventer 25's and they dont seem to roll nicely, We have attempted to grease the bearings in the castors and it didnt help at all, any clues since sumner doesnt have any suggestions either.

Thanks

Common issues I've seen are damage to the rolling surface, bent castor assemblies, and crap being picked up between housing and the wheel itself. My suggestion is lean the thing over so you can get to the wheels to inspect them for damage and make sure the whole castor isn't bent. With some castors you can unbolt the wheel and remove it from the assembly. If you can, do that and clear out whatever gunk has been picked up over time. It's not uncommon for bearings to go out, and you could look for that if you get the wheel off. Beyond that, sometimes you just have to replace bad castors.

I'm not sure if you've tried it yet, but I've found if you actually lock the back wheels(they have the pull pin on them to lock/unlock them) into a "straight" front to back position, turning them from smart wheels into dumb wheels, you get more control of the lift, and less of it just going wherever it wants/having to force it to turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back