Super Bowl LI Discussion

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She's rocking the flying.

Haven't seen a circular keyboard in forever.

Lot of close ups , dancing is on point.

Crystal prop phone and other props lmao.

Keytair. Think she's playing it?

Anybody get tribute-y vibes to the Michael Jackson Superbowl half-time show?

I don't see it. MJ is 10x better.

I have to say this doesn't compare to last year at all.

I keep waiting for something awesome. But this is like an MTV special.

Well the mic drop was funny. But that doesn't compare to Katey Perry at all.

Anybody get tribute-y vibes to the Michael Jackson Superbowl half-time show?

I just said to my wife that this one reminded me of that show in a lot of ways.

:evil: My antenna lost the signal about 45 seconds into the show and didn't come back until it was over. Guess I'll have to catch a replay somewhere.

MJ started up on the top of the stadium, and once on stage, defined when the show progressed. Even her initial costume was a nod to MJ's costume.

I'm wondering what protocol they were using to control those hand lights. Disney has these wands and ears in the park now that sync with the fireworks show at night. The only reason my kid convinced me to get one was so I could take it apart and figure out what was going on. I'm guessing it has to be pretty robust with all the RF interference in there and they seemed to have a pretty high refresh rate. I'm wondering if they are pre-recorded to the fixture itself and then synced with timecode?

Those lights were much smarter than the Disney technology. Those all do the same thing at the same time. There was a point where the crowd was around her sort of like a sun, with rays going out across the field and the lights were doing chases up and down the rays. They must have choreographed where every person of the field would be and used the crowd like a low-res screen.

The drones were pretty amazing. I saw a couple that weren't completely with the program, but the majority were totally on point.

Think it was a program. Or all hand controlled.

Those lights were much smarter than the Disney technology. Those all do the same thing at the same time. There was a point where the crowd was around her sort of like a sun, with rays going out across the field and the lights were doing chases up and down the rays. They must have choreographed where every person of the field would be and used the crowd like lowres screen.

Yeah the Disney ones cost $30, I'm guessing the SB ones are a mite more than that.

Bay watch trailer *thumbs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back