Techie sayings

My favorite saying is quite possibly "If all the worlds a stage, then a techie must be god".
At my high school, before every night of performance, the entire company gets together and we do "whether the weather"
If you don't know it..
Whether the weather is hot, (It's Hot!), Whether the weather is cold, (It's cold!), We'll be together, whatever the weater, whether we like it or not!
and it thus reverses and speeds up...

One that gets tossed around a lot at my company during a long load out is "get your ass moving, we have closing time to make!". This usually gets people in a right good mood to strike and finish before 1:30AM.

Kind of a cruel thing to say as you arrive to runt he lights for a show and you turn on the board.

"What? The boards been reset?

As local crew;
"F**cking carps."
"F**cking lighting."
"F**cking audio guys."
And my personal favorite, "C'mon, hurry up, we can still make last call."

At school;
"Okay, what I am about to do is very dangerous. Do not ever do this."

At my current job;
"Does it look good from fifteen feet?"
"It is what it is." (Artistic Director, during tech weekend)
"Faaaaaascinating." (After being described a labor intensive solution to a dubious problem)
"MY ANUS IS BLEEDING." (Truly)

"It's not rocket science...Just push GO."

"I do my best work when something goes wrong and I have less than 10 mins to fix it and the world is stacked against me. Bring it on, all or nothing, here we go!"

Here is something I just recently said, and the last part may start to be my Tech Motto.

How is started was last night, somebody broke a prop, by backing into it and it fell and broke off, paint chipped and the cross lost an arm. This was at start of intermission and I was in costume...

After going outside (where some other actors were having smoke break/talk) and using the gold spray paint to fix the chipped areas, I looked at the group gathered outside and said in an agitated voice... "Spraying this, and in Costume...NEVER happened."

"I do my best work when something goes wrong and I have less than 10 mins to fix it and the world is stacked against me. Bring it on, all or nothing, here we go!"

Here is something I just recently said, and the last part may start to be my Tech Motto.

How is started was last night, somebody broke a prop, by backing into it and it fell and broke off, paint chipped and the cross lost an arm. This was at start of intermission and I was in costume...

After going outside (where some other actors were having smoke break/talk) and using the gold spray paint to fix the chipped areas, I looked at the group gathered outside and said in an agitated voice... "Spraying this, and in Costume...NEVER happened."

Why were they smoking in costume in the first place? Isnt that strictly forbidden by equity rules?

Why were they smoking in costume in the first place? Isnt that strictly forbidden by equity rules?
You may be surprised to learn that there are a "few" theaters out there who aren't equity.

You may be surprised to learn that there are a "few" theaters out there who aren't equity.

Equity or not you shouldn't smoke in costume. Good way to piss of your costumers.

This is a college performance...but I'm not sure if there were actors smoking or not, I know one or two actors were outside, and a few of their friends from the audience were there also, and I know those two were smoking...
However my mind was on other tasks I generalized that.

Our crew says The Techie Prayer and just a regular "Break a Leg"

"Well, the shows at seven right...it's 6:55. So we'll be starting in about 20 minutes. Thanks"
(We have a very bad reputation for starting on time)
"So intermission started at 8:00...it's now 8:20, yeah you've got a while."
(We also have problems with intermission.)

"The dimmer is fine, and by fine, I mean ON FIRE!"

"The dimmer is fine, and by fine, I mean ON FIRE!"

"Wait...Who let him in here?"
(More from the spot booth at a really cool old theater but it seemed appropriate! :lol: Little kids, school days, unlocked door...do the math)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back