Telex TR-300 in the Boston Area

Edrick

Premium Member
I scored a BTR-300 off FleaBay (just posted a topic looking to purchase some beltpacks), however I want to make sure the unit actually works before throwing down the investment on beltpacks. Does anyone in the Boston area have ​a TR-300 Beltpack I could borrow / rent to try out on the unit.

I've finally found some TR-300 beltpacks, if I'm reading it correctly I can have up to 4 beltpacks in total talking in full duplex. Now on the back of the beltpack is the model and the last number in that string tells me which "Portable Station" buttons to depress. I could have 2 on Portable #2 and 2 on Portable #3 or all 4 could be on Portable #2 depending on which packs I have correct?

I could have more than 4 beltpacks but they wouldn't be able to talk in full duplex correct?

Last edited:
We have a BTR-300 and last year one broken belt pack, the problem we ran into when we were going to replace the pack is the number of different versions there are of the btr-300. Each one has a corresponding set of belt-packs that match it. B&H photo video has 18 different versions of the BTR-300 for sale. Finding the corresponding belt packs for your station my be a fun task. We never ended up buying a replacement.

The portable buttons turn on and off the communication with the belt pack associated with that number. The BTR-300 packs are fixed Crystal meaning they can not change frequency. So once you buy the one that goes with portable switch 3 it will always be associated with portable switch 3.

That aside, in theory you could have more than 4 packs listening because they would not interfere with each other when just receiving. Each BTR-300 Belt Pack has a common frequency that all of the packs for that particular base station listen on and an individual frequency for that particular pack to talk to the base station. People with the packs that are doubled or tripled up on the same frequency would have to be very carful about turning there mic off after they finish talking. This may prove difficult because it easy to leave your mic on or forget about it. After a mic is turned off there is also no beep or tone to signify that the air is clear and it is safe for everybody on that particular frequency to talk. When they they are not trying to talk over each other on the same frequency they would be able to talk in full duplex.

I hope i was able to answer some or all of your questions.

Well with any luck I'll score and the two I bought for $50 will work with my system. I'll have to check the office tomorrow where I have the station sitting on a shelf and see what frequencies it works with and with any luck they'll match.

The frequencies are usually located on a little sticker on the back top right. Ours are mostly worn off though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back