The Snow Queen Musical - Freezing

JayePM

Hello all!
I am helping with tech/stage design for a production of The Snow Queen Musical. I am looking for a few effects to really wow the audience. First thing we are doing is remote controlled EL Wire in the Snow Queen's costume that the actor will trigger to make her dress glow when she kisses Kai to simulate her magic.
The place where I am stuck for ideas is on how to show the freezing on the actor playing Kai. I'd like it to be somewhat apparent, some kind of effect that shows him or his costume being frozen.
Any ideas??
Thanks!

I did a very nice freezing effect, if I say so myself, with some tightly focused pale blue LED units. Incandescents could work as well, but since I had the LEDs, I was able to do a very bright blue that punched through the incandescent wash.

From reading the synopsis it happens over a the period of act one. You could go with make up changes throughout the act turning hi from flesh color to a more white color and mixing that with some good lighting could look pretty good. Same with his hair start with it flat and not much volume to slicked straight up and more crazy as the show progresses.

Costume wise without a flowing dress it makes it hard to freeze without a lot of material but for the final freeze you could VSSR one of his costumes. Would be forever ruined but it will have the desired effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back