Times Square Lens Barrel

epicket1

Where could I get a lens barrel for a leko from Times Square. I contacted the company, they said they do not have them or make them. It is a square fixture. It measures 6 inches around, and 9 inches from the front to the shutters. Are there any companies that makes lens barrels or do I have to buy new lekos.

Thank you,
epicket1

Post a picture of the fixture if you could.

I'm surprised Times Square wasn't able to help you. I've ordered several parts from them without any problems. Then again, the fixture I was ordering for is still in production, and that may not be the case for yours. There are no after market lens barrel manufacturers.

Aside from that, eBay may be your friend. I see Times Square fixtures pop up there all the time. You can see about either replacing the light, or buying a used one to use as a parts light. Just how many lens tubes do you need, and are they the complete assemblies or just lenses?

0610022317b.jpg
0610022317a.jpg

I have 4 fixtures that do not have the lenses or the barrel.

View attachment 7148
View attachment 7149

I have 4 fixtures that do not have the lenses or the barrel.

this is similar fixture to the Mini Ellipse made by leviton/colortran. The dimensions of the metalwork are slightly larger on the times square fixture but the lenses are the same diameter an focal length as the ones used in the Leviton fixture. I have two of these in inventory although I sold my Colortran ones. The times square ones seem to produce a little more light. You could make lens tubes as they consist of two U shaped pieces and two flat lens holders relatively simple metal bashing stuff. At a pinch you could possibly get away with the Leviton tubes by installing some simple shims to correct for the dimensional difference. Leviton still show these fixtures in their catalogue. However if you have to spend significant money to get them in service the light output is not worth it - a used S4 junior is a much better buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back