Traveler Hardware ID?

FatherMurphy

Yesterday I spent a charming six hours atop a ladder in an un-airconditioned school, reroping travelers. Installation is a late 1960's gym/cafeteria, and the general layout suggests that the architect was doing some of the really good drugs available in that decade. Curtain tracks were all curved, and they originally had an airwall set that tracked through a slot in the stage to divide the stage and cafeteria into two lecture halls, with the rigging for all the travelers jumping up and over the airwall track, and each half of a traveller being controlled separately.

The track I had to fight with the most was missing part of the rope clamp for the master carriers, and I'm wondering if anyone recognizes what brand it is, so I can try to track down parts. Some of the other equipment was ADC, but most of it was unlabelled. It's assumed that it's all original equipment, but there's not guarantee of that, and the installer might have mixed and matched.

The track is a curved "I" aluminum extrusion that has vertical faces coming up from the middle rib, forming a trough to trap the rope in. The rope clamp j-hooks down into the trough, and is pretty much impossible to rethread without removing the carrier from the track.

Does anyone recognize this style of track and carrier?

proxy.php

I don't immediatly recognize it but if it can be identified I suggest you replce the entire unit as the Aluminum arm on that master carrier has had it. Either one too many pulls on the end of the curtain of at one time too loaded down with weight. If no one here can identify it perhaps you could forward a picture and e-mail to Sapsis Rigging or one of the other national curtain track distributers they are usually more than willing to help. < contrary to the impression Whatrigger makes, most riggers are really nice, once you get to know them.....> :mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back