Truss Deflection

Esoteric

Hey guys, I have a client that for money reasons had to go from 12" square to 10" square box truss to hang curtain track. Well on a 30' span the difference in deflection is 1.4" to 2.4" max. In my experience this would not be a big deal but he is worried about puckers in his drop. Any other experiences with this?

If you're hanging the track on chain (or any other adjustable medium) connected to cheeseboroughs, it should be easy enough to shorten the chains in the middle and make the drop hang evenly. There will a link worth of play, but that is usually acceptable.

I thought so. Thanks guys.

Sounds like my guy. If so I will show him how to correct the problem.

I typically charge $30 for 10' truss. He really can't be saving that much money. It's 3 sticks... Is this headache really worth the little bit of money saved? I know it's not up to you and I'm probably preaching to the choir, I just hate it when people go so far out of their way to save a few dollars. The end result suffers and is more difficult to achieve.

Huh???
I had assumed this to be an install not a rental...
So Mike, which is it?

Being we are both Mikes I'm not sure who the question was directed at. If it the guy that I sent to Mike then he bought the gear but it a temp install. It is for a ballet company that does several shows a year. They do a single track and double walks.

Yeah, this is a sale. The difference is $100-$150 per stick, for 6 sticks (two sets of 30') so it turns into quite a difference.

And yes Mike, it is your guys.

He really wanted to go with the 10" and all the lights instead of the 12" and some.

We always used wire rope to correct the deflection, but I wasn't sure if you could do that in his situation.

I will end up over there rigging it for him so I will show him how to correct and sag. Thanks for getting him hooked up. Hopefully we can do business again.

I am ever at your service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back