Control/Dimming Trying to Identify control protocol

Grimley

So I have this venue I'm working in which has Macro Electronics dimming & Control. What I want to know is if anyone knows the control protocol it works on? It looks too old to be DMX, but that would be nice if it was. Below is a picture of a similar system i found online followed by pics of my system. Any help is appreciated! I already visited this post.

s-l1600[1].jpg
2017-01-29 19.42.25.jpg
2017-01-29 19.40.18.jpg
2017-01-29 19.40.56.jpg
2017-01-29 19.42.11.jpg

I can't tell from the picture; does the control cable have Switchcraft TA5 5pin mini-XLR connectors? I've never seen that connector used for lighting.

Ok, it's hard to tell scale in that picture but that connector looks something like a "t-5" I believe? Years ago I had to call Doug Fleenor to Identify that plug for me. It was coming out the back of a Strand Century Mantrix board. That board spoke AMX or something else.... Somebody help me out here...
Nope I lied I was thinking of a T4 connector and that looks like this:
. .

sort of.
So ignore this post.

Last edited:
When in doubt take good pictures and send them to DFD. He’s like the fixer of all when it comes to conversion. I wish I had a reason to call him. I feel it would be a great conversation.

Hey there! I'll pass your pictures around the office and see if anyone has ideas about the connector.

When in doubt take good pictures and send them to DFD. He’s like the fixer of all when it comes to conversion. I wish I had a reason to call him. I feel it would be a great conversation.

Come by one of the trade shows we exhibit at! The next one is USITT in Fort Lauderdale. Or you can catch us at LDI in Vegas.

It seems everytime I try to plan to go to an expo a good gig gets thrown my way.

I might try LDI this year but FL is out that’s to far away for me over on the west coast.

I think you guys have the wrong scale in vision . It is not a "mini" connector. in my mind it is very close size wise to a standard xlr. That cable is about .44" dia. Almost 1/2 inch . Huge!

Another great resource and friendly guy is Steve Short at Lite-Trol Service Company in New York. Although they don't list Macro Electronics on their list of equipment serviced, I would still give him a call at 800-548-3876 to see what he might know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back