Turntable

chawalang

Hello hive mind, I am looking at options for a turntable for holiday display use. In this scenario a Christmas Tree on the turntable would be 12’ tall and weight at most 300# with all of its accessories on it. The turntable would also need to have a slip ring in it for a 20A circuit for holiday lights. The diameter of the turntable would need to be 6’ for the tree base. The rotation will obviously need to be slow, probably 1 or 2 rotations per minute. Having the ability to adjust to rotation is nice but not necessary. This would also need to plug into a 20A circuit. I want to purchase this and not rent. This is something that will be used for many years to come for this display. I’ve looked at a few options but wanted to get peoples thoughts and recommendations.

might be a good resource.

Hello hive mind, I am looking at options for a turntable for holiday display use. In this scenario a Christmas Tree on the turntable would be 12’ tall and weight at most 300# with all of its accessories on it. The turntable would also need to have a slip ring in it for a 20A circuit for holiday lights. The diameter of the turntable would need to be 6’ for the tree base. The rotation will obviously need to be slow, probably 1 or 2 rotations per minute. Having the ability to adjust to rotation is nice but not necessary. This would also need to plug into a 20A circuit. I want to purchase this and not rent. This is something that will be used for many years to come for this display. I’ve looked at a few options but wanted to get peoples thoughts and recommendations.
United Equipment Accessories (On your side of lil' Donnie's walls) are the North American kings of sliprings.
Every order is assembled from scratch. They have slips for AC, DC, power, control levels, fibre, hydraulics, water such as the high pressure hoses atop fire department ladder trucks. They insist on quoting a price and delivery date. Their lead times may be five or six weeks but they NEVER miss a shipping date. REALLY great people to work with; they ask all the right questions, and them some, then talk you through possible pitfalls.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Consider wireless DMX and battery power for the tree lights, and simplify your turntable to avoid the slipring maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back