Two Wire Comms - Two Master Stations?

cooks44

Hey All,

Feel free to move this if it's the wrong area (in our world intercom falls under audio's responsibility...) - searched high and low through various manuals and docs to no avail! So I'm hoping you all might be able to help.

I'm planning for a bump in at a nearby theatre, we've been asked to set up a separate comms channel in addition to the two already running in the theatre.

Is there a problem adding a second master station to an existing comms channel? We have a Clearcom MS702 master station, it has the switch to turn off the audio termination function on each channel - but I don't believe that turns off the power supply on that channel...

All ideas welcome!

Generally, so long as you aren't double terminated, you can add the extra master station.

If we're talking Jands / CC, then your other option is to drop the power line on the connection to your second master. You'd still need to apply mains, but drop pin 2 on the PLs and you'll get audio, call (from pin 3) but not bringing in the power (pin 2)...

Awesome. It's Clearcom and Concertcom actually.

I just discovered we have access to a separate power supply, and we have another CC 602 two channel pack - might be easier (and cheaper for them to hire) that alone. Can't link the additional channel back to the main comms ring then, but I think the SM will be happier knowing that can't happen anyway.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back