Design Universal Pre-Show Curtain Lights

evanjm

Hi,
I am trying to create a architectural light design that i can display while the curtain is shut, right now it looks sort of boring. I have a large variety of gels, gobos, and filters; i also have 2 mini mac moving heads. what can i do?

Attachments

• 0922091447b.JPG
    0922091447b.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 465
Um, pick a couple lights, through some geometric breakups in them and point them at the curtain? What are you trying to create? The more details you can give the better. We can't design it for you.

...I am trying to create a architectural light design that i can display while the curtain is shut, right now it looks sort of boring. ...
Fancy name for curtain warmers.:) Perhaps something from this thread: http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/lighting/2037-how-do-you-make-curtain-warmers.html will inspire. Sidelight is the best at making the curtain appear richer. I agree you definitely need something to bring the focus to the front of the room. MiniMacs are so dim I think the only place they might work is on the floor at the L&R of the Main Curtain.

Hi,
I am trying to create a architectural light design that i can display while the curtain is shut, right now it looks sort of boring. I have a large variety of gels, gobos, and filters; i also have 2 mini mac moving heads. what can i do?

We just use 6 old par cans, gelled RGBlike from the balcony rail. Does the trick for me. It's not as fancy as ellipsoidals with breakups and what not but it makes the curtain look nice.

What is your end goal here? To spruce it up? To WOW people?

We have a narrower arch than you do, so we can get away with 2x PAR56. In the past though we've done things more specific to the show. For example, we did a fairy tale style show that takes place entirely in a forest and our curtain warmers were foliage gobos. As has been said, whether or not you go with something simple like a PAR wash or more complex with gobos and ellipsoidals depends on your intended effect (which for us is sometime dependent on the show we're doing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back