Unsafe?

Fountain Of Euph

Visiting a venue today I saw this. They are Chauvet units mounted 40ft over a audience area with extenders and C clamps. Is that all that safe? I would have atleast used some sort of 1/2 cheese or somthing. Thoughts?
proxy.php

Horizontal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Seems odd that there is only one C clamp on each fixture. Most Chauvet fixtures have two points for clamps and brackets.

Are they mounted on a sprinkler pipe? Kind of hard to tell from the angle and resolution.

-Todd

It depends a lot on the type of clamp they used, which is nearly impossible to tell from this picture. I'd be a heck of a lot happier if they had two connection points, to keep rotation from being a problem. Even with the best lock washers, that fixture is putting a lot of rotation into those connections.

It depends a lot on the type of clamp they used, which is nearly impossible to tell from this picture. I'd be a heck of a lot happier if they had two connection points, to keep rotation from being a problem. Even with the best lock washers, that fixture is putting a lot of rotation into those connections.

Agreed. I wouldn't want to be in the audience when the unit/s eventually become loose.

They are regular Altman/ETC C clamps. I thought the fact that these where moving heads would produce a lot of bad vibrations for the clamps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

I'm with you on that question. If that is the case than the rest of the safety question is totally moot.
I beleave that it is specifically a lighting pipe, however it would not be outside the realm of possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back