Updating software version on Chauvet Rogue R1s

Thetechmanmac

Shipment of 4 R1 spots just came in today from usedlighting.com! When I fired two up for the first time, I noticed one does not tilt all the way down as far as the other fixture does. Upon looking into the menu, I found the max tilt angle (according to the menu) was 250 degrees and on the other fixture it was 270 degrees. Upon further inspection, I found that one fixture was running version 3.0 software while the other was on 4.0. After unboxing the other two, we found we have two fixtures on V3.0, one on V2.0, and one on V4.0. Which is slightly frustrating.

Is there any way to update the software so that all the versions match? I figured I would post on here before calling Chauvet.

You need to get the Rogue Uploader from Chauvet. Had a similar problem with a bunch of R2 Spots that were purchased at different times; Chauvet sent the uploader and I used it to update the software and then sent it back.

You need to get the Rogue Uploader from Chauvet. Had a similar problem with a bunch of R2 Spots that were purchased at different times; Chauvet sent the uploader and I used it to update the software and then sent it back.

Thanks, I will give them a call tomorrow.

An uploader? Really? In the year 2016 Chauvet uses proprietary hardware to update firmware?

I talked to Chauvet today. They said that they can only send the uploader to a dealer, not an end user. Otherwise I would have to ship the fixtures to Chauvet just to change firmware version. @soundlight are you a dealer? How did you wiggle and uploader from them?

Because I work for a dealer. If you've got anyone local who's a dealer who you know, see if they can help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back