USB midi and IPmidi - Can't seem to use both!

Raymo

Hello,

New member here so be gentle.

I'm looking for some help with an issue with Qlab 4 and sending MSC commands from my Mac to our ION desk. Firstly, I had it all setup and working to send commands over USB to fire the lighting cues. For our normal performances (live conferences, live events) this is sufficient however, as we have a more complex show coming up I wanted to control a backup Qlab machine and went about connecting it via Ethernet using IPmidi.

I will admit I was fumbling through a little and managed to get the IPmidi to fire the backup machine in tandem - this was done without the lighting desk hooked up. Once I got into the auditorium to connect up the lighting desk the USB option in QLAB was no longer there and only showing IPmidi.

As I am not too well versed with configuring over IP I've decided to run the backup manually and go back to using the USB to midi connection. Now I can't get the option in QLab to show anything other than IPmidi in the drop down boxes! it's as if this is now the dominant party.

As mentioned previously I did fumble through the IP connection and hoping I have just changed something obvious that I'm just unable to see.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back