Usher Scanner Stands

lighttechie5948

I need to buy/make stands for my user's Symbol MC70 scanners. Anyone know anything that would work? Also, is there a way for it to scan without having to hold down the scan button?

What I have in mind is a scanner stand that could sit on-top of a box and they could just slide the eTickets under the scanner to scan quickly.

Sorry I don't have them so I don't know much about them, but every time I go somewhere that uses them, they are always operated in the hand and on a lanyard, holster, or case. I've never seen them attached to a stand around here.

The best ones that I've seen were just a frame of angle iron attached to a podium at something like a 30º angle. I think this was at the Barrymore theatre (Broadway) so there may be photos online somewhere.

I use something similar for warehouse management. With your manual, there should also be a second book of setup barcodes, that tell the scanner how to operate. Now, mine came with stands, so they are setup a little differently, but there's a setting so that as long as they are in the stand, they are trying to scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back