VectorWorks Instrument Labels

Wolf

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my instrument labels (color, channel, dimmer....) to display properly when they are hunger vertically (facing SL/SR). I go and make a new label legend with the unit on its side and then place the info so the color is on top and dimmer and channel on bottom but when I go to use that legend it still puts the color at the end of the barrel and dimmer and channel at the back of the fixture as if it was shown vertically. Any advice to get it to display how I want it would be great.

Thank you all

Have you assigned the appropriate new Label Legend to those units ?. They might still be using a different legend.

Not sure what VW version, but in 2009, you Click/Select the units desired, go to Modify - Assign Legend to Inst.

FWIW, If you click on a unit and go to the Object Information Browser, at the bottom of the browser it lists under Use Legend, the current label legend applied.

Also, it could be due to the way that you made the Label Legend. If, when you were making the new Legend, you rotated the instrument and then aligned all your labels to that, then it will not work correctly. The Label Legend Manager ignores the orientation of the template symbol and only goes off the distance from zero.

Two ways to fix this. If you only need the legend to display on units facing the same direction, you can select Non-Rotating in the Label Legend Manager. However, this can be more trouble than it's worth, and I wouldn't recommend it.

What I would do is go back and change the template instrument in the Label Legend Manager back to normal vertical, then align the labels to this as if the instrument was on its side. It's confusing to talk about, but how I usually do it is rotate the text to align with the unit, line it up, then rotate it back to vertical. Make sure you keep an eye on the horizontal and vertical alignment of each label! Finally, in the Edit Fields section of the Label Legend Manager, you can assign certain fields to be "Right Reading". I generally do this with my Channel and Unit # since they can usually rotate without changing their position, but you can do whatever works for you.

I know it's confusing, let me know if that makes no sense at all. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back