Design Vectorworks Rotate Text

I have a plot that was handed to me from my Tech director who got it from a guest artist and I am wondering how to rotate text that is attached to an object. The text is horizontal to the object and I wish to make it vertical.

Thanks

Is the text object part of an instrument label legend ?, or in what way is it "attached" to another object ?.

If just a plain text object, then select the entire text object, go up to the Object Information Browser, go to the Rotate box and key in a desired rotation - "90" for one layout, "-90" for another, or any desired rotation.

If part of a Label Legend, you will need to do 2 things to the assorted legends, first is to turn off "Right Read" in the Edit section of each particular legend, then go in and edit the particular text in the actual label by selecting the desired text and doing the Rotate trick in the OIB. You will then need to save the legend, then re-apply the legend to the instruments.

If you plan to use this document more then once, I'd be copying/duplicating the legends with a new name, then edit the copy.

He has all of the catwalks labeled. They are just lines with text next to them but when I select the text it also selects the Line. It doesn't appear that the line has a label legend to it.

He has all of the catwalks labeled. They are just lines with text next to them but when I select the text it also selects the Line. It doesn't appear that the line has a label legend to it.

It sounds like the catwalk has been converted to a hanging position (as it should be) and position summary or something like that (I'm not at my computer right now) is turned on. Click the position and in the properties for the position uncheck position summary. Then insert your own text which you can rotate by right click > rotate. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It sounds like the catwalk has been converted to a hanging position (as it should be) and position summary or something like that (I'm not at my computer right now) is turned on. Click the position and in the properties for the position uncheck position summary. Then insert your own text which you can rotate by right click > rotate. Hope that helps.

Ditto this. Easiest way to fix.

I should point out that you do probably need to be in the spotlight workspace to accomplish turning off position summary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back