Control/Dimming Very small and basic lighting needed

I am working with the Youth Minister at my church to decide on a very basic lighting system for his stage. Our main worship center currently has a Congo JR board. I have almost no experience with smaller boards and thus have no idea as to what would be good to purchase. We just need an inexpensive, very very basic board. He only has 8 Par Cans (eddison plug). Any suggestions as to a basic light board that is inexpensive but also very good?

No, the congo is used by our adult worship service. I am looking for a board for a small fellowship hall. What else would I need other than the board you suggested?

Also, we are looking for something more expandable than 8 channels. To be more specific between 12 and 24 channels.

what about this: Behringer EUROLIGHT LC2412 24-Channel DMX Lighting Console

WARNING Will Robinson warning.

I would shy away from this console if possible. I was using this console about for a show about two years ago and then suddenly just halfway through programming "cues" (really they are memories that I was using as cues) all of a sudden things started flashing then I lost control from four channels, it fried or something. Yes I had a bad experience with this console, but it was also not a joy to program on. Also while it did have the ability to save to a memory card the person at the venue had never been able to find one... Have you looked at the smartfade line from ETC. the smartfade 24/48 might be nice for you. I don't know how much you are looking to expand so you may want to look at another line of consoles that has something a little larger than a smartfade but not quite an Ion or Element form ETC.

From the strand side of things the 100 series looks right for you. No cues but 12/24 channels with 1 and 2 scene modes. It can also be rack mounted if you don't have a secure place to store it.

Your going to hit a price jump from 12 to 24. If you want to record cues, that will also hit you a bit hard.

The ETC "Smart" line would probably fit the bill for you. It will cost you, but it will be solid gear.

There is also the bulb america route. Controllers Home

There you can get 2 packs and a console for under 500 bucks. The gear might not last forever, but it is there. You get what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back