Automated Fixtures VL 3500 Wash FX V-Brite problem

Hey Y'all,

I have a few fixtures in my rig that won't open the V-Brite (fresnel lens), sometimes they open and won't close or just won't budge at all. I suspect the motor is getting tired, or something wrong with the screw the motor is on.

Anybody ever had that problem? The fixtures are 3 years old and these motors have never been changed.

Thanks!

Are these fixtures getting any regular maintenance? I would check the rails the beam blaster lenses travel on. If you work in a hazy room or they haven't really been maintained in 3 years, they have the ability to get gummy. This would cause them to stick and become intermittent. Same with the worm screw. If it has become junky it will do the same. If those things are clean and lubricated properly, I would suspect the motor. Although all our motor fails have produced no movement at all, not intermittent. If all else fails it might be the driver...

I'd expect a motor or driver issue if there's no movement at all. However, he Vari-Brite system operates on a dual cam-arm system that has a bunch of little bits & pieces that can go wrong and/or jam up. Take off both head covers and see if you can find something that's not in the right spot. Take off the two thumb nuts that hold the flags, remove the flats, and see if you can find anything wrong.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I found the culprit: the wire are a bit loose in the 4 pin connector, I called my VL dealer and he suggested I cut the connector and solder the 4 wires together. I'd like to keep a junction cause it's much easier for maintenance, have you ever replaced these 4 pin white connectors?

Thanks for the help guys, I think I found the culprit: the wire are a bit loose in the 4 pin connector, I called my VL dealer and he suggested I cut the connector and solder the 4 wires together. I'd like to keep a junction cause it's much easier for maintenance, have you ever replaced these 4 pin white connectors?

He really told you that? I would definitely replace the connector. It's not hard but they take practice as they are small. I would order a handful of them and give a few test runs on similar wire. If you can't find some similar connector then buy the next closes thing you see that will fit in your mover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back