Want to make Haunted House sounds available Online

WooferHound

I used to do sound for Haunted houses. One year I had 9 different sounds running in the place. Well I don't do this so much anymore, but I produced 6 different sounds for haunted houses. Now I would like to make them available online for free.

Are there any sites that I can upload my tracks to that will allow anyone to freely download them. I have a few that are Mono and a few that are in Stereo and most of them run about 40 minutes so they would not repeat while the victims are in the Haunted House.

Thanks for any help ! !

You could add a cover slide to the sound, turn it into a video, and post to Youtube. Or do you want to keep the audio uncompressed?

There are lots of open source music sites that you could upload them too. I'm sure seaching for things like open source music, and free sound effects will get you lots of sites that offer these kinds of things.

I want the quality to be as high as possible. Not sure how a user would download and use the sound in a haunted house if it was posted on YouTube.

My biggest concern is . . .
Audio Quality
Ease of download
and ability to upload tracks as long as 45 minutes

I have been looking at "SoundCloud".

Last edited:
There are plenty of ways to download from YouTube. Most of the browsers have Add ons that can rip the audio right out of a YouTube video and save it as an mp3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about Sound Dogs? I think that the owner is allowed to put whatever price they want on the clips they upload, so you might be able to do it for free (though since it's their server space hosting it, there may be a minimum charge).

EDIT: they do have a minimum charge and I can't find listed on their site where you can be a new seller. So, I guess strike this suggestion.

Last edited:
Pond 5 lets you set your own price, they take a 50% commission. Then you could set the price reasonably, say $1.

FAQ

As someone who works with many haunted houses, I would make them available as WAV & MP3 or just WAV and let people convert it themselves if they need it in another format. Except for gilderfluke most digital audio repeaters for the industry use mp3 still.

Best,
Bill Rod.
Dark Tech Effects
www.darktecheffects.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back