Water"proofing" outdoor rig.

Hello, I'm looking for ideas on how to better protect my lighting equipment from the elements. Last fall I did a show outdoors. I had a 60' truss and on stage LED fixtures. The LEDs I covered in a clear plastic bags and the truss was lowered and covered with tarps each night. It took about an hour and a half to shut everything down and cover it for the night and did not protect against the night's humidity and dew (and the one time it started sprinkling during a performance). I've researched the clear plastic balloons to go around moving fixtures, but I wanted to pick y'alls brains for other ideas that could be used for a 60' long truss with conventional and moving fixtures to ease the shut down procedures, but also keep the lights safer during rain and humidity.

Thanks in advance for thoughts!

IP65 fixtures and or a tent. Even then you will never cut down in the humidity especially in SF.

We've been able to get away without any protection on our Source 4 lekos and pars. Just as long as you don't power the up while it's raining. For LEDs, IP65 or nothing, especially if you intend to keep it outside for long periods of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back