What is it? #687B

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
Submitted by an anonymous (for now) member.

424c.jpg . 424d.jpg
Part number 687B. 9.25” long 2.04 lbs. Round hole will fit on 1.75” OD.

As with all QotDs, students only for one week, please.

Hhmm...

If it fit on 1.5" sch 40 I would say its some sort of quick release cable management device. Grab a handful of stage pin, release the little handle and it grabs your whole bundle for you, no more tieline needed! Would also make for a quick strike with the quick release latch. Would love to have a bunch on a batten at 3 foot intervals.

But it fits 1.75" OD!? Now I'm lost.

Nice try....but no.

To place it in time, think circa 1920.

ST

I'm pretty sure I have seen this in my old stagecraft books, but I have never seen 'one in the flesh'.

I've seen a couple in the flesh,(so to speak)but never so clean and manufactured looking.

I keep going back to one of two things in my mind, either something sort of mounting tool, or something to hold your cables for your fly system in place...then some part of me wants to say it's a thing that lets you add a pull ring to something...I have a feeling these are all wrong

Pretty sure I know, don't want to post my guess yet.

Since it's been a week, the question is now open to anyone: the tired, the poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. (Everyone except Mr. Terry; he'll have to wait one more week, unless the question is satisfactorily answered by another.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back