What is it? #73

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
An easier one this time, hopefully, than the previous.

What is it, and for what is it used?
WII#73.jpg
Students only for one week please (or until correct answer is given).

Removable handle. Could be used for many things, such as for an air wall or winch.

Removable handle. Could be used for many things, such as for an air wall or winch.
Nope; only used for one purpose. And not a handle, unless you're the type who considers a screwdriver a "handle" for a screw.

Does it have anything to do with a New Years Eve party for hardware store employees?????
And before anyone tells me to "Zip it, geezer" I AM a student.......of life.:)

Yay widgets!

Derek I feel Alton Brown would not approve of your unitasker there.

... Derek I feel Alton Brown would not approve of your unitasker there.
Well, he might, if he had to install/remove hundreds of <what it is designed for>.:!:

Alton's advice on not buying single-purpose gadgets is usually valid--few of us have unlimited storage capacity in our kitchens or toolboxes. I have lots of tools that seemed like a good idea at the time, but that I've never used or only used once. (For example: the conduit locknut pliers you made me buy.;)) Now it's very likely that when I actually have the need for them, either I won't be able to find them, or, won't have them with me.

Choose your battles, and your tools, carefully.

(For example: the conduit locknut pliers you made me buy.;))

Didn't you receive those for Christmas one year? And anyway I wouldn't feel so bad, it's not like I ever actually use my Vaco 1900 either.

When it comes to the tool pictured, I would rather have the multi bit version from Ideal. I can't post a picture yet as it would give away the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he might, if he had to install/remove hundreds of <what it is designed for>.:!:

Alton's advice on not buying single-purpose gadgets is usually valid--few of us have unlimited storage capacity in our kitchens or toolboxes. I have lots of tools that seemed like a good idea at the time, but that I've never used or only used once. (For example: the conduit locknut pliers you made me buy.;)) Now it's very likely that when I actually have the need for them, either I won't be able to find them, or, won't have them with me.

Choose your battles, and your tools, carefully.

Speaking of Alton Brown, he came to my show the other night. One of our cast members is his personal trainer. He's a nice guy all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back