What is this fixture (ERS)?

Maybe steerpike is refering to the first pictures in the album? This seems to have happened earlier on the thread as well.

This may be a wild goose chase ( my library is packed up so I can't check) But I think I have seen a line drawing of the Leko in an old Parker and Smith textbook. Say the late 60's - early 70's.

Anyone have an old textbook they could check?

Thomas Robb's Photos - Really old lighting | Facebook
While digging around the theatre I work at, I came across a rather strange ERS. Intrigued, I went to the 'net to try and find out what it is. Problem is, I have yet to find an answer. I have looked at the Strand archives, old Kliegl catalogs, even to a certain degree the patent office.
Any help you may be able to provide (even if it is pointing me in the right direction) would be most appreciated.
Based on the sketch from this 1956 (or 1961) HUB catalog...
HUB_8768_ERS.jpg

Derek is on to something. I have the same illustrations in a Hub catalog from the same time period. I have personally encountered these lights in two different venues in the Twin Cities. In one venue all that was left were the shells, in another they were still in use!

Anybody want one of these ellipsoidals? There have been a set of them in my back room gradually getting dismantled for parts. I think there is one left that has not been plundered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back