What Pip and I have in common...

Grog12

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
As mentioned in other threads Pip currently attends school in my old stomping grounds....

Last year (actually it'll be a year exactly here shortly) a pea souper was left on accidently over night. It caught fire and caused roughly $150,000 worth of damage to the theatre.

http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20070425/NEWS/104240126
http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20070504/NEWS/105030115

No one was hurt and the theatre was back up and running by this past fall to my understanding.

I only bring this up because in passing PM's back and forth with Pip and chatting with him in other threads it made me miss the place I first learned and practiced my craft. It also made me think that for everyone just starting out make sure you're following fire codes.

This whole thing could have been a real tragedy as opposed to just a set back.

One of my friends (Linden) told me about that this past summer (she was working at the same summer stock that I was). She said that some people wanted to throw the lighting console in the wreckage in order to get an EOS...

Pip will have to speak to this but I think they got a Congo after I left....

Wow, I haven't been online in so long!! Nice thread lol

Yeah, we have a Congo. It's a really cool board with a lot of features, but the issue is that it's so new that the software and hardware both are still really buggy. (Plus it's geared seriously towards intelligent fixtures, and we have like two, and they're just super old Technobeams)

(Okay, we do have some first-gen Nexeras too)

Now, right now I'm working at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center in the SaGaJi theatre, and we have a Congo there too, and it's really nice because I've actually gotten to use it like it was intended... We have a whole shitload of Source Four Revolutions, as well as a bunch of Nexeras and stuff... So I've been able to really play with the Congo's features... Plus the FAC seems to be better at getting the software updates installed in their Congo, as it seems to behave better than UNC's.

Technically those Technobeams don't belong to the theatre dept (unless something has changed). Granted we used them constantly. They were bought by a classmate of mine for the Performing arts council...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back