What Projector for a 12ft Inflatable Screen

Superfun

Hi - I'm new to the forum. I have owned an inflatable rental company for the past 10 years (moonwalks/bouncy castles/slides etc) and just recently purchased my first inflatable movie screen. It's 12 ft diagonal with a 16:9 ratio and came with two 80 watt powered speakers but I need to purchase a projector. My plan is to rent this out for backyard movie nights as this seems to be a growing market in my area. I've been reaseaching projectors and was hoping that someone may have some good advise to offer me regarding making a wise business decision. The projector will most likely be showing DVD movies or perhaps an occasional sporting event. I was thinking that I would go with 1280 x 720 resoultion projector so the picture quality would be very good. Problem is most people are telling me that I will need at least 4000 lumens. 1280 x 720 DLP or LCD projectors seem to max out at about 2000-2500 lumes. Will this be too dim or dark on this 12 foot screen? If I go with a high lumen XGA projector will I suffer in picture quality and woun't the image be scaled and not fill up my entire screen? It's backyard theater but I would like to still be able to offer a high quality picture to my customers. Anyone have any thoughts, experience or words of wisdom here ???

Hey welcome to the booth!

You ought to post your question in the multimedia forum. (since not everyone reads the new member board, on a regular basis)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back