Wireless What to cover sennheiser wireless mics in to protect from sweat

Condoms. Not the lubricated kind, mind you, and make sure you put a loop in the mic wire (pack hanging upside-down) so that the sweat drips down off the cable, not into the connector.

Contact a local medical supplier and ask for surgical sheathes. They're the same size as condoms, used in "female-doctor" offices. We get 100ct. for $25. Nothing on them, including no talc that likes to get into mic pack switches.

Mike

we discovered a short time ago (though it's a pricier solution i think, but also more convenient, and you don't need to explain for kids shows what you are putting the Mic packs into). Glad Press and Seal brand plastic wrap actually works quite well just make a square of it little bigger then the pack, and just fold it up and over, and crinkle around where the mic plug is.

We use latex gloves or non latex for the people who are allergic to latex. We put the pack in the glove then seal it with tape of a rubber band. hope this helps..

We've had 100% breakage on condoms. Last show, I wrapped them in plastic and tapped the plastic around the cable and antenna (and put them on the folks upside down).

We've had one sweat failure, but not how I expected. When I dismantled the pack (100G3) the problem was on the edge of the PCB that was closest to the battery compartment. I don't know how sweat got in there.

I have always used unlubed condoms in the past but the last show I ran we used sandwich bags. I was dubious but I think they worked much better than condoms. No snapping and much easier to deal with, not to mention a hell of a lot cheaper. I will be using them from now on.

Amazon.com: 100 Durex Natural Feeling Dry Condoms, a Non-Lubricated Condom: Health & Personal Care

I go through several hundred condoms per year with various Sennheiser and Shure body packs. I switched from using Trojan to using Durex about 200 condoms ago and I have found them to be far less prone to breakage and they are also much lower in talcum powder content which is good for our application. They are also really cheap. I find that condoms rarely break during use. If they are going to break, it is usually when I am putting them onto the body pack but this becomes a relative non-issue if they only cost $0.15 each.

I go through several hundred condoms per year with various Sennheiser and Shure body packs. I switched from using Trojan to using Durex about 200 condoms ago and I have found them to be far less prone to breakage and they are also much lower in talcum powder content which is good for our application. They are also really cheap. I find that condoms rarely break during use. If they are going to break, it is usually when I am putting them onto the body pack but this becomes a relative non-issue if they only cost $0.15 each.

(start unrelated post)
I just had to laugh out loud when I read that fully. Only in theatre, I guess.
(end unrelated post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back