What type of Plug?

mellinger

Hi Everyone, I'm new here.

I've looked around a but, but still can't ID the type of plug I'm trying to fine.

Our school moved to a brand new campus and our lighting system is new to me. I have a bad iphone pic of what the plug looks like. Does anyone know what type of plug this is or how I could find it? I need to convert our old lights to this new plug system so that I can plug in some of our old lights into the stage which accept this type of plug.

Any type of help would be appreciated. It's a 250V plug, and 30amps if I read it right.

Thanks. photo.JPG

I do believe they are different. The ones in our Performing Arts Center are brand new plugs so don't think they would've used old technology. Also, they do look a little different from the ones in the thread you posted.

Thanks for that thread though as it does look a little similar. Any other thoughts? Thanks again.

My guess is a stage plug.

(You may want to check the wiki for more information (click the yellow dotted underlined words))

Just another thought even if you find out what the connector is... you may want to depending on the power situation, retrofit all of your current gear with some other type of connector as well as all of the current power in the facility. What ever this connector is its clearly not all that common I don't believe, so you may want to look at more common/ modern options to accommodate new gear if you get it as well as upgrade your current rig... most connectors like stage pin are pretty cheap.

So Korea is 60Hz and is based on the American system. Their household outlets are similar to ours. I just finished upgrade 3 large power facilities there.

Just an FYI, "Electricity Around the World" by Help for World Travelers (a life saving document for the touring roadie) lists South Korea as a 220V 60 Hz country that uses the C/F (a.k.a. Mainland European) style plug. They do have a note that the "American" style 120V A/B plugs where used in the past but are now being phased out, it sounds like this is newer construction so I wouldn't expect to see this kind of legacy power system in place.
To mellinger that looks to me like a fairly specific plug. It may be something that is emerging in the Asian market, perhaps you should look at the vendors attending the Guangzhou Entertainment Technology Show (you may need to use Google Chrome's translation feature or a similar translation service to make sense of their website) and see if you can track down who made the plug you're asking about.
Lastly welcome to the Booth mellinger please stop by the new users forum and introduce yourself.
EDOT: Here is link to GET's home page in English if that is any more useful: Guangzhou Entertainment Technology Show GETShow Guanzhou Pro Light and Sound Expo

Korea (N/S) doesn't use the Europlug? Also, could you get a better picture of the plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back