Wheel of Destiny failure

What Rigger?

I'm so fly....I Neverland.
I hate this week. I do. I got nothing to add to this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Uh.... perhaps the idea that 'extreme' things are a bad idea? Naw, people will pay to watch others get hurt or die. It's a depraved, cynical world when, other than lacking lions, we're sacrificing people for the temporary pleasure of the masses, Roman-style.

This contraption is owned by the performer, who also fell from it earlier this year.

He was not severely injured in the most recent incident... the Wheel was repaired and subsequent performances were held.

"
Nancy Smith, general manager of the South Carolina State Fair, issued the following statement to WCNC Charlotte:

"Regarding the circus mishap, a defective bracket on the wheel caused the wheel to shift sideways during the end of the 4:30 performance. The safety lines that were put in place as a backup did their job and prevented anyone from being hurt. The 7:30pm show went on as scheduled. ""

Last edited:
From my contacts it was a weld that broke.
F8B333EE-4925-4CD4-893A-38271D89AB29.jpeg

Yeah the circus/animal entertainment sector is very very tight and small. I met a lot of people when I worked at the Dancing Horses. Lots of stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back