Where to buy lighting gels?

Ok, so im on the "tech crew" at my high school, and i was wondering where the best place to buy gels would be, as we need some for our next production and currently have none. Thanks in advance! :)

Usually- any place you can buy Lamps, Gaffers Tape, etc., will also sell gels. You can also have them send you swatch books.

While I like Apollo gel there are other manufactures out there, Two commons at least here in US are Lee and Rosco, In fact out of all the tours that come through use either Rosco or lee exclusively (excluding moving lights)

Agreed, we've never had a request for apollo gel in a plot, that's why we don't keep any in house. But since the OP is in a high school setting it doesn't really matter what they buy as long as they're happy with it.

The biggest headache I've had that keeps me from using more Apollo is all my usual dealers require a 5 sheet minimum order, which makes it hard to justify for that one color you really want, especially when there's probably a close Rosco in the theater's stock.

Christie Lites - Halifax 902-468-8887
100 Ilsley Ave Unit BB
Dartmouth, NS, B3B 1L3 Christie Lites - Contacts

Like CLE is both an Apollo and a Rosco dealer.

As we've said in other posts before, buy local when you can. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back