Where to post RFQs for musical theater sound providers?

simoneves

I am consulting for a local semi-pro outdoor theater group who are planning their first musical for this summer and will need wireless mics and mixing and PA. The scale and schedule are above my level and I am already committed to another show which clashes, but I said I would look around for candidates for either:

1) Full service (provide gear, design plot, A1 for tech and shows, probably with local volunteer A2)
2) Dry-hire of gear, to be set up by me, and operated by somebody trained by me

The schedule is tech and one weekend of previews late July, then four weekends of Thu-Sun through August 25.

The location is San Rafael, North Bay Area, California.

My expectation would be digital mixer (X32 or better), ~16 channels of wireless (Sennheiser EW or better, with distro and decent elements, B3 or better), sound effects and incidental music playback (sound design provided), tech for a ~6-piece band, PA to cover a ~300-person outdoor amphitheater, and a high-end workflow (line-by-line mixing etc.)

OK, so that sort of *is* an RFQ, but where should I post it officially?

Not really an answer to your post but you might consider John Moore of Trinity Productions. I don't know him personally but he is a frequent poster at ProSoundWeb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back