Why do my LEDs flash when I park them?

jbennett

Another newbie here. Got a new system by ETC. Element console and got a problem with the LED strips (eled RGBW and elars by Elation). Designer told me to park LEDs after opening a file but it concerns me that when i do all flash on and off and 10 seconds later a single elar flashes. Any ideas? Everything works great after that but I can't imagine the flashing is good.

To answer this brings about other questions:
1. What are the specific models of the fixtures that you have as both the ELAR and ELED lines are somewhat extensive?
2. How do you have them patched?
3. What operating mode do you have them in?
4. How are they powered?
5. What were you parking or attempting to park and at what value? You can park virtually any fixture parameter with the EOS family, including the Element.

As to how they are powered, ETC may have installed the infrastructure, but how it is applied and used is ultimately up to the end user. They or a certified installer specced and installed the dimmers, DMX or ETCNet control, raceways and distribution. However, it is doubtful ETC had any hand in speccing the Elations or determining how they receive power and data. To determine how they are receiving power, you'll need to look at what they are plugged into. This should lead you to a circuit number that correlates to a specific slot on your rack(s).

I'm going to look into this tomorrow...I don't know all of the answers, but I'm pretty sure we've got elation's eled rgbw strips and their elar par 60's.
As far as I can tell from reading the manuals, they are in DMX mode and maybe patched as 4 channel fixtures because all I can control beside intensity is RGBW...
I don't know what I am parking!! I couldn't seem to get a clear answer from the designer when he went over it. To be fair, with my limited knowledge he could have said anything and I wouldn't have understood. This is what I type...chan 150-155 @ FULL <PARK> (the S4 key)<ENTER>. After they do their little flashdance, they work great. But that flash has me concerned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back