Why was this rigged this way?

Tex

I have 27 motorized line sets, with a traveling grand drape on the first one. Just down stage of this batten is a dead hung pipe with the grand teaser and two legs on 10' tracks. When it's in and open, the grand drape masks the space between the proscenium and the first set of legs. When the grand is out, the dead hung legs don't quite mask. It bugs me, because if I want to hang a portal instead of the grand teaser, I have to get a lift and untie. With the amount of motors installed, what could have been the reasoning behind dead hanging this one pipe? I'm at a loss...

I bet it was an afterthought in the original design. It was added in late in the game after the budget was already finalized.

Bean counters don't consider the extra work required later on by low budget solutions in the initial build.

The dead hung Grand Teaser is fairly common in the configuration you describe. The operating ethic here is that the teaser is part of the "house"
look and is unlikely to ever need to move or come down; nonsense,of course but that's what you'll get told if you ask a consultant, as I have. With regard to the legs, now that seems like a late in the process band aid to a perceived masking problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back