X-Keys & Chamsys MagicQ PC

As mentioned above I always had some problems using the XK-24 and should have taken a closer look sooner. The main problem I had with MagicQ is that the keyboard had to be in programmer mode in order to access the include and update functions.
Of this means the keyboard can't be used to type in text. As I think someone mentioned above you can assign things to macro's and assign the macro's to a key, so when I looked closer in normal keyboard mode everything I needed
was available to program on the XK-24 except for "include" and "update". I created a macro and assigned them to keys I don't use often "`" and "\" , then assigned those keys to the XK-24 buttons and now I have the XK-24 working
very well with the keyboard in normal mode. The other previous problem was when in programmer mode, select fixtures (e.g. 110@@) the display would not persist on the input display, but now with keyboard in normal mode the display is correct.
My set up is PC with MagicQ, Compact PC Wing, XK-24.

Thanks for mentioning that, I've just updated the manual section 21.4 to make it a little clearer on the multiple key macro assigning.
You can use CNTL and SHIFT + keyboard keys, e.g CNTRL + N or something to assign a keyboard macro on MagicQ PC based systems.

Sorry for the somewhat harsh critique. The real place I take issue is that this limitation is not documented in the manual and in fact the opposite is stated in 21.4. However it would also be nice for this limitation to be removed when Chamsys hardware is connected and demo mode is exited.

Ahh now to write a macro for switching keyboard modes ;)
Tried that, it takes at least one second for such a macro to be executed. Alternatively try using the SET button before typing. This temporarily exits programming mode (however i often manage to do this wrong and end up pressing many random buttons, luckily no words i use begin with 2 "d"s.

Attached are the pictures of the layout that I configured. All of the keys work with the exception of the following:
  • The window manipulation keys in the middle in a vertical row MIN through SIZE, I simply ran out of non common keyboard keys to use for macros and the SET key does not disable macros.
  • The DBO key does not entirely work and causes flashing, this is due to macros not being compatible with pressing and holding.
Additionally pressing and holding keys such as ALL cause the same issues as the DBO button with the menu flashing on and off the screen, however it it still usable.

Edit: It is worth mentioning that I managed to do this for around $120 US. If anyone wants help setting one up feel free to message me or post here.

Attachments

• IMG_20160329_105111.jpg
    IMG_20160329_105111.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 930
  • IMG_20160329_105116.jpg
    IMG_20160329_105116.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 1,121
Tried that, it takes at least one second for such a macro to be executed. Alternatively try using the SET button before typing. This temporarily exits programming mode (however i often manage to do this wrong and end up pressing many random buttons, luckily no words i use begin with 2 "d"s.

Attached are the pictures of the layout that I configured. All of the keys work with the exception of the following:
  • The window manipulation keys in the middle in a vertical row MIN through SIZE, I simply ran out of non common keyboard keys to use for macros and the SET key does not disable macros.
  • The DBO key does not entirely work and causes flashing, this is due to macros not being compatible with pressing and holding.
Additionally pressing and holding keys such as ALL cause the same issues as the DBO button with the menu flashing on and off the screen, however it it still usable.

Edit: It is worth mentioning that I managed to do this for around $120 US. If anyone wants help setting one up feel free to message me or post here.
Forgot to mention, the PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons do not work either for the same reason as the window location buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back