XLR 4-Pin Cable

baxterd

Hi all,
Does anybody know of any UK suppliers of ready made 4-pin XLR cable - for comms?
Or alternatively know the pin-out and what sort of cable I'd need to be looking for to make one up myself?

Thanks in advance!

Dale

I looked through eBay UK and several large specialty retailers, but I was unable to find finished cables.
I would suggesting calling up a large hire company that makes their own cables, as they can probably make them for less than you can.

As for the connections:

* Pin 1: mic common
* Pin 2: mic hot
* Pin 3: headphone common
* Pin 4: headphone hot

This page has some decent info-
ePanorama.net - Links

Thanks for that avkid - some interesting reading on that page.

I will give a few companies a call and see what they can do, but if anybody does drop by and knows of anywhere i'd be interested in hearing from them!

Thanks again!

Just be aware that the mic is unbalanced so a long cable is going to pick up increased noise.

It is customary for each person to have his own belt pack, so he can adjust the volume, turn his mic on & off, and hit the signal button if everyone is ****ing off and not on the comms.

It is customary for each person to have his own belt pack, so he can adjust the volume, turn his mic on & off, and hit the signal button if everyone is ****ing off and not on the comms.

I know, but unfortunately there is a limited budget and with the exception of one headset all the others will be used by people set more or less next to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back