The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Zip Cord

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by DaveySimps, Feb 8, 2009.

  1. DaveySimps

    DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

    Likes Received:
    Performing Arts Center Manager
    Macomb, MI
    A type of relatively inexpensive two conductor wire usually found in household floor lamps, table lamps, desk lamps, thus also known as "lamp cord". It is not exceptionally durable nor meant for heavy use. Available in 12-18 AWG, and insulation colors of white, brown, black, ivory, gold, and clear.

    It is type SPT and is not permitted in most entertainment applications.

    Upon close inspection the two conductors are different--one has ribbed insulation, one smooth. Per NEC 2011 400.22(F), the ribbed is the neutral; and the smooth the hot.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2009

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice