Final decisions and pricing on a new board.

Oh Well yeah, I didn't meen just in the immediate area.

Calling Barbizon, someone suggest them to me today.

The Bijou is manufactured by EDI (Electronics Diversified Inc.) which was recently purchased by Cooper Controls, making Zero88 and EDI "sister" companies.
As for price, it's likely that the Bijou is in the same range as the Element and Basic Palette.

Minor point. I'm not certain your example is true. The [And] key (or [+] key on many consoles) works for selecting non-contiguous channels, but I don't think one can send channels to different levels in a single command-line entry. Most designers don't think like that anyway.

I'm sure CB member Tracyu can help you out with any EDI-related questions.

Minor niggle about the Bijou: In 2010, do you really want a new console that depends on a 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive as its primary external storage media? Also, I don't believe there's any sort of OLE available for it.

If anyone has questions about the BIJOU, feel free to contact me. I am very familiar with the board.

I don't recall if the example would work, for setting light levels. But you can use a string like "1 through 12 except 9 and 18 through 21 at ...", then use the encoder wheel to do a proportional level change on all those channels. I use the feature quite frequently.
,br/> There is an OLE for the BIJOU.

If a person is planning on getting some moving lights in the future, it would be wise to purchase the BIJOU+, although there is a side board available called the Control Freak. I have not used the BIJOU+, so don't know if the built in moving light features are easier to use than the CF.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back