Problem importing source material into Multiplay

Beny

I'm a new Multiplay user. I'm trying to import material purchased from Amazon Music and Multiplay refuses. I edited one track in Abobe Audition and Multiplay accepted the result. I tried running other tracks through Audition without success. What's my problem?

Are you saving the files from Audition in the same format? I would save them as a stereo, 16-bit, 44.1 kHz. wav file.

Are you saving the files from Audition in the same format? I would save them as a stereo, 16-bit, 44.1 kHz. wav file.
I'll try this. But Multiplay accepts files from other online sources without running them through Audition -- the only problem is with those purchased from Amazon Music. Is this a rights-protection problem?

multiplay tends to be rather picky about file format. It will play some WAVs but not all, won't play a bunch of file formats and codecs at all. It would be nice if he'd put up a list of accepted audio file parameters, but I haven't seen one. Would be REALLY nice to be able to tie in some other codecs, not currently an option. You'll just have to make sure to save all files in a compatible format.
Some MP3 types play, some don't.
Some WAV types play, some don't.

multiplay tends to be rather picky about file format. It will play some WAVs but not all, won't play a bunch of file formats and codecs at all. It would be nice if he'd put up a list of accepted audio file parameters, but I haven't seen one. Would be REALLY nice to be able to tie in some other codecs, not currently an option. You'll just have to make sure to save all files in a compatible format.
Some MP3 types play, some don't.
Some WAV types play, some don't.
Someone else sent me the solution that seems to work 100% -- 4100 , 16 bit, .wav. The 16 bit seems important -- the default is 32 and doesn't work.

I'm told that some .mp3 files have a strange encoding or variable bit rate or some such thing that Multiplay does not like.

On my home XP machine I can drag files from a folder and drop them into Multiplay :) On the theater's Vista (yuk) machine that does not work and I have to use the button and navigate.

It's a dandy program. That it's free is such a gift. And the support is better than a lot of expensive goods. Wish there was a Mac version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back