programming question?

Hi friends:
Im having a programming problem:
I have Robe Spots and wash lights. using d-Pro and an enttec interface
With the wash lights, I set up a cue with blue and a gobo etc...and then set up another cue with the same look, just a different color and then assign them to 2 buttons in show control . They work flawlessly, the color switches but the look stays...all good.
With the spots, I set up a blue spot look (for example) and then a similar cue with white light. When I assign them to 2 buttons, if I switch from the 1st (blue) cue to the next, the lights move, but the color doesn't change..stays blue. If I open the programming window and click "blind", the color will change to the second cue.
Am I programming wrong? Is it something about the profile of the light?
Thanks
Brian

Just to clear something up, when you click blind, does the color change to white on stage or does it display on the console that it should be white? I have never used d-pro, but universally entering blind mode should never change anything onstage.

In regards to the lights, you could have a broken color wheel that sticks, but if you have more than 1 or 2 lights this is improbable as the likelihood of all the fixtures malfunctioning together is very low.

As for the software, there are several things that I think of when I look at the manual, but I don't know anything about the software so this is a bit of a shot in the dark:
1.) Are you using a Radio Group? If not, you could be mixing the cues together, and depending on the way that the console handles that (LTP or HTP) what is outputted might not be what you intended.
2.) When you assigned the cues to the show control buttons, is there a way to only save certain attributes to the executor buttons? If so, maybe you accidentally didn't record the color parameters. If that is the case, the console would tell you that the lights are open white, but because you didn't actually trigger that parameter, nothing actually changed.
3.) Is this a new rig? You may have patched the movers wrong. Many moving lights have 2 different profiles that, if configured wrong, can cause some funky things to happen. However I doubt that this is the case because the error is occurring on one component(the color wheel)

Just to start off, I would suggest reprogramming to check that you didn't make a mistake, if that doesn't work, try resetting the fixtures.

Just a thought:
You might find it easier to control the spots using palettes instead of recording them as separate cues. This way you can be sure that you call every parameter and that you don't accidentally overwrite anything.

The manual states:
"Palettes and cues are built in exactly the same manner, using the Programmer window. The Programmer records any changes you make to attributes in the order you made them. You can also add multiple effects (chases, fans etc.) to the palette or look. To create a palette/cue:
• Open the Programmer from the main window.
• Select devices (manually in the device browser or by double clicking on a group in the library).
• Modify any attributes in the left hand column of the programmer.
• Repeat as necessary and save as cue or save as palette.
To edit an existing palette or cue, simply double-click on it from the library to load it into the programmer. To use a palette to build a cue, simply drag the palette from the library into the programmer. If you have selected some devices before doing this, the palette will only be applied to those specific devices."

Sorry if this isn't too helpful, hopefully someone who really knows the software could pin point the problem.

It sounds like you didn't record white into the second cue, and with the absence of a color value, it just brought over the color from the first cue. Re-record with the second cue making white "active"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back